Welcome!

This is a document of my successes (and failures...) of wheat free and dairy free recipes along with some random bits from the interweb that keep me entertained

Wednesday 23 February 2011

Garlic and Corriander Naan Bread

One thing I've been missing from an Indian feast has been naan bread to dip into curry sauce. The boy also hasn't appreciated that I haven't let him have any breads with his either to prevent me getting jealous... To remedy the situation I went on a hunt for ideas to make my own WF and DF naans so no one would miss out.


Ingredients:

400g plain wheat and gluten free flour
3 tsp sugar
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking powder
100 ml soy milk
2 tbsp vegetable oil
Garlic and corriander chopped (how much depends on your tastes)

Garlic and Corriander Naan Pre-Cooking


To Make:
  • Pre-heat oven to  190 degrees celcius
  • Mix everything but the garlic and corriander into a bowl till smooth and combined
  • Put some vegetable oil onto the bottom of a baking tray
  • Break up the dough into either 2 or three equal sized lumps
  • Flatten the dough out with your hands till it is about half a centimeter thick (I put mine into tear drop shapes, you can do what ever shape takes your fancy)
  • Push the chopped garlic and corriander into the top of the naan breads then put a bit of oil over the top
  • Cook till slightly browning on the edges (mine took just over 5 mins)
They did't go as dark as wheaty naan's, and were a bit crisper as well. The boy says he likes them more than normal naans, and I relly enjoyed them so I'm taking this as a success! Next time I'm going to try with a mix of self raising wheat and gluten free flour and a little bit of soy spread to see if it makes them a bit fluffier. Will let you know how it goes...

Garlic and Corriander Naan Post-Cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment